New York bankruptcy lawyer Michael H. Schwartz is dedicated to helping New York consumers and businesses faced with large amounts of debt. In his career, he has helped thousands of people to save their homes, their possessions, their jobs and their dignity. He has also assisted numerous companies with filing for bankruptcy protection and represents parties to bankruptcy proceedings.
If you are tired of creditors calling you and debt relief agencies simply taking your money and not helping you get back on track, then contact Michael Schwartz, P.C., right away. To schedule a free consultation, call (800) On My Side or use our online form.
New York Communities Served by Michael H. Schwartz, P.C.
The bankruptcy law firm of Michael H. Schwartz, P.C., is proud to serve the New York communities of:
- White Plains, New York
- Westchester County, New York
- Rockland County, New York
- Dutchess County, New York
- Putnam County, New York
- Orange County, New York
- Bronx, New York
- Manhattan, New York
- Queens, New York
- Brooklyn, New York
- Staten Island, New York
United States Bankruptcy Courts in New York State
The U.S. Government has exclusive jurisdiction over bankruptcy cases. There is a Bankruptcy Court in each judicial district in the nation and each state has one or more judicial districts.
The state of New York has four judicial districts:
New York Southern District Bankruptcy Court – The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York has three divisions: White Plains, Poughkeepsie and Bowling Green. Cases are filed in one of the three divisions depending on where you live or where you have most of your assets.
- The White Plains Division is located at 300 Quarropas Street, White Plains, NY, 10601. The main phone number is (914) 390-4060. The White Plains Division handles all cases for people who live in Westchester County and Rockland County. Note: There is NO separate Rockland County Bankruptcy Court. If you live or have most of your assets in Rockland County, you must file for bankruptcy in the White Plains Division.
- The Poughkeepsie Division is located at 355 Main Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601. The main phone number is (845) 452-4200. This division handles all cases for people who live in Putnam County, Dutchess County, Orange County, Ulster County and Sullivan County.
- The Bowling Green Division is located at One Bowling Green, New York, NY, 10004-1408. The main phone number is (212) 668-2870. This division handles all cases for people who live in New York and Bronx Counties.
New York Eastern District Bankruptcy Court – This district has two divisions: Brooklyn and Central Islip. The New York Eastern Bankruptcy Court serves the counties of Richmond (Staten Island), Kings (Brooklyn), and Queens.
New York Northern District Bankruptcy Court – This district has six divisions: Albany, Binghamton, Plattsburgh, Syracuse, Utica, and Watertown. Thirty-two Northern NY counties are served by this Court.
New York Western District Bankruptcy Court – This district has two divisions: Buffalo and Rochester. This Court serves the 17 western-most counties of New York.
Corporations and partnerships must have an attorney to file a bankruptcy case, but individuals may represent themselves in bankruptcy court. However, bankruptcy laws are highly complex. That’s why it is highly recommended that you seek the counsel of an experienced bankruptcy attorney.
Contact a New York Bankruptcy Lawyer Today
New York bankruptcy lawyer Michael H. Schwartz can help you to restart your financial life. Thousands of individuals and businesses have taken advantage of Michael H. Schwartz’s skills and experience, without one house lost in foreclosure and not one single discharge denied.
What are you waiting for? Run – don’t walk – to the law office of Michael H. Schwartz, P.C.
Call today toll-free at (800) On My Side or fill out our online contact form. Any information you provide will be kept strictly confidential.