Our Law Firm
Michael H. Schwartz has been helping people get their lives back on track throughout the Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Hudson Valley and New York City area for over 30 years. As Westchester County’s leading consumer bankruptcy firm, Michael H. Schwartz, P.C., has earned a reputation for making the process as easy and painless as possible. We have helped thousands of people preserve their families, save their homes, their possessions, their jobs and their dignity. The firm also assists businesses with filing for bankruptcy protection and represents parties to bankruptcy proceedings. Michael H. Schwartz, P.C., is based in White Plains and can be reached at 800-666-9743 (800 On My Side) or through our online form.
“Getting you back on track, one step at a time.”
Our focus and passion are bankruptcy and foreclosure defense cases. The New York bankruptcy lawyer Michael H. Schwartz knows how to deal with every aspect of insolvency and foreclosure. We’re familiar with every aspect of debtor and creditor issues in and out of a bankruptcy setting. We can help you with everything from wage garnishment to mortgage foreclosure.
There’s a good reason for that, Mr. Schwartz says: “My firm has earned a reputation as the most aggressive in standing up and fighting creditors and lenders.”
New York bankruptcy lawyer Michael H. Schwartz has filed over 4,000 cases. Don’t take our word for it. Check it out for yourself at http://www.pacer.gov/. Set up an account and run a report for Michael H. Schwartz as the attorney and you’ll see over 2,400 cases filed since 1998, the year PACER went on line. And Michael H. Schwartz has been filing cases since 1986, 12 years before PACER went on line.
Endorsements by Fellow Attorneys
Michael H. Schwartz, P.C., is the expert in consumer bankruptcy. Michael H. Schwartz has been referred to by his colleagues as:
- “The King of bankruptcy.”
- “The Master.”
- “He is a consummate professional and an expert in the bankruptcy arena. Very few lawyers understand consumer bankruptcy law the way Mr. Schwartz does.”
- “Michael Schwartz is an excellent lawyer. He is knowledgeable and is one of the brightest lawyers around.”
- “I know him to be a first-rate, highly competent attorney. I will continue to refer cases to him.”
- “In the lower Hudson Valley, Michael is the person to see if you need representation in the Bankruptcy Court.”
- “Michael is an amazing lawyer with a firm grasp of the law and the innate ability to apply common sense to challenging fact patterns.”
- And, “As usual, Michael’s advice is right on target.”
Additional Profiles can be found at: Avvo | LinkedIn | National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
“Atty Schwartz was knowledgeable about my particular situation. He made very constructive recommendations. A very important fact is that his staff is well trained, courteous and available. No question was considered ‘irrelevant’ or a nuisance. This was a ‘first experience with Bankruptcy,’ and I did feel a degree of ‘financial failure.’ However, both Atty Schwartz and, especially Amy, his paralegal, were especially supportive.”– Anne, a Chapter 7 client